September 13, 2018
We're currently looking for a Speech Language Pathologist to join our team! Full time, Part time, PRN, and Supervisor available.
Pathfinder Pediatric Home Health is a family owned business. We have over 20 years of experience in providing physical, occupational, and speech therapy services to the children of Texas. We rely on an extended family of employees who have developed a loyalty to the business because of the family values espoused from one generation of leadership to the next.
Pathfinder Pediatric Home Health cares for our therapists. We want you to feel like you are part of our family. That is why we offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package:
· Competitive Compensation / Visit Rates
· Company Car Program
· Professional Liability Insurance
· Paid Vacation
· Flexible Work Schedule
· Generous CEU Reimbursement
· State of the Art Technology (Point of Care System, Tablet Touch Screens)
· Supportive Office Staff
· Supervisory Opportunities
· Employee Referral Bonuses
· Direct Deposit
· Relocation Assistance
· The Woodlands Marathon
· Walk Now for Autism Speaks - Houston Walk
· Buddy Walk - Houston Walk
· Buddy Walk - Brazos Valley
Check us out on our Facebook page!
We pride ourselves on working with experienced professionals and new graduates alike to develop and enhance the skills of every member of our therapy team. Our employees love the flexibility that our program offers. Whether you are looking for a full time caseload or something less intensive, Pathfinder has a program that will work for you.
Are you a new graduate and/or new to Pediatric Home Health?
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you make a difference in the life of every child that you treat. Our company strives to ensure success with our mentor program. Each new member for the program is required to spend a minimum of four weeks with their mentor co-treating one on one. Members with previous experience may be able to shorten the minimum requirement to meet their needs as agreed upon with management of the clinical staff. At the completion of the four week mentor program you will begin a gradual transition to your own case load. Through the mentor program you will learn techniques specific to pediatrics, time management skills, how to manage schedules, effective ways to interact with families and caregivers, as well as company policies, procedures, and software systems.
A registered professional who assists children with their individual needs to guide them in developing the skills necessary to become functional and independent adults.
· Diagnoses and evaluates speech and language skills as related to educational, medical, social, and psychological factors.
· Plans, directs, or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication problems of organic and non-organic etiology.
· Provides counseling and guidance and language development therapy to disabled individuals.
· Reviews individual file to obtain background information prior to evaluation to determine appropriate tests and to ensure that adequate information is available.
· Administers, scores, and interprets specialized hearing and speech tests.
· Develops and implements individualized plans for assigned clients to meet individual needs, interests, and abilities.
· Reviews treatment plan, and assesses individual performance to modify, change, or write new programs.
· Maintains records as required by law, establishment's policy, and administrative regulations.
· Attends meetings and conferences and participates in other activities to promote professional growth.
· Instructs individuals to monitor their own speech and provides ways to practice new skills.
· Provides supervision for SLPA’s.
· Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited College or University
· Texas State License in Speech Language Pathology
· Valid Texas Driver's License
· Reliable Transportation
· Automobile Liability Insurance
· Current CPR Certification
· TB Screening
· Ability to work independently and maintain a positive, courteous attitude
· Continued education is contingent on successfully maintaining current required certification(s) and/or license(s)
Pathfinder works hand in hand with the families we serve to positively impact the lives of children. Our goal is to provide each patient with outcome oriented care tailored to put each child on a path to physical and social independence.
We are always looking for the best and brightest for our team. Due to our growing service area and staff, we typically have positions available for PT/PTA, OTR/COTA, and SLP/SLPA. Please call Ashley Rivett at 281-364-9695 for more information on open positions.